The Center for Mindfulness and Consciousness Studies at the University of Pittsburgh is proud to present the 5th Annual Mindfulness Fair–Engaged Mindfulness for Change–on March 28th from 9:30am – 4pm at the Fanny Edel Falk Laboratory School.
Engaged Mindfulness encompasses the movement of mindfulness from practice into action for change in all areas of life, including personal growth, social equality, sustainability and global transformation. Our event will highlight the work of Pittsburgh area professionals and practitioners in various workshop, lecture and practice sessions.
Returning by overwhelming request, Michelle King will keynote our event with a message of love and compassionate action for change.
Michelle King is a learning instigator & love activist. All of her intersectional identities and lived experiences are her “big data” which have deeply informed her practice. She is a lifelong learner and is joyfully in search of ways for us humans to learn to get out of our heads and into our hearts.
The event is free but registration is strongly suggested. you can register in advance at Eventbright. We look forward to seeing you!
Other highlights will include:
- 20+ sessions in 5 tracks – Speaker, Workshop, Creative, Movement and Meditation
- Interactive panel highlighting Engaged Mindfulness Work in Pittsburgh
- Practice Room – short practices offered throughout the day, both led and personal
- Family-centered activities such as Family Yoga, Mindful Art and Storytelling
- 20+ information tables with Pittsburgh-based practice groups and non-profits
- Food truck round-up from 12-3pm with for-purchase lunch options
- NEW THIS YEAR – BOOK DRIVE! Please consider bringing along a book to support Books for Change. View the recommended booklist here.
Check our Facebook page for the most up-to-date answers or to ask a question!
Transportation and Parking:
Oakland is experiencing a multitude of tricky construction projects at the moment. We are working on parking accommodations – please check our Facebook page for updates!
Bus line – 83 – Bedford Hill stops at VA Hospital which is right across from Falk
Garage Options – the University’s OC lot is 2 blocks away (we are working on closer options!)
Accessible spots – available on-site for pre-registered attendees (contact firstname.lastname@example.org to save a spot)
Free coffee, tea and water will be available throughout day (bring your own drinking vessel!) and light snacks will be available in the morning. Food trucks will be on site from 12-3pm and open for attendees to purchase their own lunches. Attendees are welcome to bring their own lunch and snacks as well!
- 9:30 – Doors open: Registration & Information Tables open
- 10-10:45 – Session 1(Choose 1 of 5 options)
- 11-11:45 – Keynote with Michelle King/Family session
- 12-1 – Lunch Break (food trucks in front of Falk – will remain open 12-3pm)
- 1-1:45 – Session 2 (Choose 1 of 5 options)
- 2-2:45 – Session 3 (Choose 1 of 5 options)
- 3-3:45 – Session 4 (Choose 1 of 5 options)
- 4pm – Event Closes
**check our Facebook page regularly for schedule updates!**